View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 05:32 PM

Default Re: So I got sucker-punched...

[ QUOTE ]
If you seriously want to get back at him, then call the cops. If you have tons of witnesses that will back you up then it should not be a problem. You will need to get your facts straight and take care of this sooner than later. I think it is fine to say that you were in a bit of shock last night and not sure what to do and wanted to wait until the morning to figure things out.

Do you have any physical marks or injuries? Take pictures now, in case you ever do decide to press charges.

Otherwise just move on as nothing good will come from retaliation. And definitely move on if there is any chance that one of your friends or you did something that could be cause for punishment against you.

Also, this process will require interviews and going to court, so it may not be worthwhile and better just to move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

As of now, I don't see any reason to go through the hassle of getting cops and court involved. The facts are clear in that I didn't do anything to instigate what happened and nobody did anything that should have set him off. I have two witnesses but it happened so fast that it was all kind of a blur (literally for me, I guess).

The extent of my "injuries" appears to be nothing more than a lump on the back of my head. Its sore, and I had a little headache, but I'm alive. Nothing to take pictures of. Probably not going to be able to do anything, and right now I'm a lot more interested in just putting the rest of the story together, like what the kid was thinking to just jack someone like that. I tried to be the bigger man last night, so that'll be how I continue.

Karma's a bitch though, so I take a little comfort in the fact that he'll probably get hit by a bus someday. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]