View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Don\'t go on TILT in Omaha Hi/Lo even for one hand

Case in point: last night couldn't get onto PokerRoom to save my life. Finally gave up and went to play Party .25 PL Omaha 8. Started off ok; kinda slow; then hit 2 big hands and worked up to $35 at one table and $47 at another. Went slow again; lost some medium pots but did ok. Then got trapped by a small stack sandbagging a straight(vulnerable and gutsy check on his part because if I check no way I was calling that river so he would've cost himself there). Instead he got rewarded and I gave him back like $12. Ok that's fine I still had $33ish at that table plus the $35 at the other. Proceeded to go carddead at the $35 one but was playing tight did my part. Then the guy who I stacked earlier at the $47 table trapped me (he was shortstacked) and I edned up losing back my profit there PLUS an additional $2 (dropped to $23 after that hand).

Then the TILT set in: now normally I do an ok job fighting it and I usually get up before I start donking money away. But something came over me-and let me remind everyone this all took place in a span of LESS THAN 3 MINUTES. I want this to be a warning to all of us to ALWAYS be on our guard for TILT even when it's minor.

Because here's where the meltdown occurred: at the $35 table I still had like $33 or so.I got dealt A3Ax or so and the flop gave me the Ace-Ace-4-Ten. Donkey (look who's talking right) bets.I call thinking he has nothing (TILT setting in). Turn is an 8. Donk bets I raise shortstack calls all in donk calls. River blank so I miss my moneymaker out.Donk bets value I raise all in donk. Donk calls and shows:

A-2-4-3.

I drop to $8. Dumped away $25 i.e. a whole stack. All because I was on TILT for that one hand. I proceed to go into a verbal tirade and jam the chatbox. Suffice to say donkey left; then 2 more shortstack donkeys left. Rest of the table just sat there dumbconfounded at my meltdown before I left and went to bed.

This was the first time I honestly had donked off on TILT for one hand.....but see what happened here. I gave away $25 for no reason at all simply because I couldn't see myself on TILT. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be on your guard take a step back take a walk fold your hand whatever but take a deep breath.....or suffer my fate you will. Remember I had deposited $500 to start the night at one point was up $520.......only to donk off in 5 minutes and leave the site with only $483. It's not worth it man don't let yourself slip off guard even for one hand.

One hand. $25. Avoid TILT