View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Re: $50 - AK flops tptk oop HU with deep stacks

I dont like calling his min raise here because you still dont know what it means. I would tend to fold or 3 bet given his stat. If he has a better hand he pushes and you will have a chance to get this to showdown cheaper if he has TP as he will check behind more often than not and you can call his weakish river bet! I think he has atleast 2 pairs!

[ QUOTE ]
Hi! This is my first hand-post in SSNL, I'm an old limit donk.

Villain is 20/5/1.6 after 800 hands, no other reads. Effective stacks 94$.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, 3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises to $4.5 </font> , 2 folds, CO calls, 2 folds.

<font color="blue"> My preflop raise is a little bit larger than I usually raise here. But I don't mind taking the pot right now nor do I fear playing AK oop vs one opponent which seems to be the likely case if I get called. Standard I guess. Thoughts? </font>

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($11, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8 </font>, <font color="red"> CO raises to $16 </font>, Hero?

<font color="blue"> So, this seems to be the worst case scenario, called by a relatively tight player with a deep stack, I hit and he min-raises my bet. Bet out more on the flop? But more importantly, what should be my line from here and what range do you put villain on?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]