View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 01:13 PM

Default 99 heads up in the big blind

Table has been 2-3 handed for a while now. Villain and I have played about a dozen hands heads up. Only one pot larger than 2BB and I won that without showdown. I haven't yet called a PFR from him, so I do not know his post flop play yet. All I've seen is him folding to my PFR and cbets.

Too few hands to know for sure, but he doesn't appear to have adjusted to the smaller than normal table.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($8.39)
Hero ($28)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
BB calls $0.15, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $0.75</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.61</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB calls $2.39.

Given his prior play, the flop was good to him in at least some way. Seems to me that there are more hands that I'm ahead of than I'm behind, so I raise. I contemplate putting him all-in but am worried that the only thing that calls that bet beats me.

Turn: ($10) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.55</font>. Hero ???

Smaller than flop sized donk bet. As I contemplate releasing my hand, I barely recall a thread on SSNL where conventional wisdom is that small donk bets like this usually indicate weakness. I decide to put villain all-in. Right play or spewing?