View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 01:01 PM

Default Re: AKo versus The Nemesis of the Day

Fold Turn to the check/min-raise.

more often than not a min-raise on the turn is a hand that absolutely smokes TP. He stacked you once already with a set using this line - the idea is to learn from previous hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

He has another set here or KT more often than not I think. It looks like he is trying to milk you for as much value as he can while he thinks you have a club draw.

I'm using my position on this turn and checking behind. We only have TPTK and it's best here to keep the pot trimmed to a manageable size. If he has you beat (very very likely) he'll make some kind of value bet on the river - and depending on what the river brings you can flat call his river bet and see a cheap showdown. If he bets big on a blank river you can fold with confidence.

We have a small hand - so we ought to aim to take down a reasonably small pot. Save the big pots for when we have big hands. If we keep the pot small and he bets the pot on a 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] river we can make the call and see his cards - then we know more about the hands he plays and can use this info later. If he has a set and the river flushes he's just as scared of the flush as you are and is unlikely to bet big.