View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Who are your top 10 college football teams -- OFFICIAL early ranki

[ QUOTE ]
I agree on the overrating of UF. They are far and away my favorite team, but sadly enough I do not think they are national championship contenders this year. Even with a super biased opinion, I don't have UF in the top 5 (even though I did for mine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

Leak is best suited for a West Coast offense IMO. He's such a pansy when it comes to running/option, an element that makes the spread so effective (ie. vince young/texas ish). His Sophmore year was insane (3200 yards, 30 TDs). We'll see if Urban can modify the offense to fit Leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meyers is a good coach and as someone pointed out, his offense tends to take off in the second year (to the tune of about an 18 point increase). He is going to make the necessary changes to fully utilize the talents of Chris LEak (basically, more spread and less option [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). Also keep in mind that this is the first time that Leak has played in the same offensive system for more than a year. It seems like almost every year people say "running back is a question mark for Florida" but they always seem to answer the question. The big big problem with Florida is O-line. Leak is a very good QB but he got pounded continuously last year and I think its a minor miracle that he didnt receive any serious injuries. If the O-line can come together and keep the pass rush off Leak, they'll be a top 5 team. If this doesnt happen, I think they'll be lucky to crack the Top 10 at the end of the season. Same goes for their prospects in the SEC. I think they win the East no matter what but they wont win the championship game unless the O-line is performing well.

I'll get off my Florida fanboy soapbox now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]