View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Who are your top 10 college football teams -- OFFICIAL early ranki

[ QUOTE ]
I think Glenn is ahead of Lucky but not positive. I think both should do well and have a few snaps this year, with the absence of Ross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glenn was definitely ahead of Lucky the first half of spring practice, but Lucky really came on strong during the latter half of spring ball, and these two now are pretty much 1 and 1a going into fall camp. Both of them should be used extensively as Callahan likes the rb committee approach (remember how many backs he used when he coached the Raiders), and they have different styles which complement each other well. Glenn is a big, bruising, powerful runner, while Lucky is a better breakaway threat and receiver.

The big question is where will Kenny Wilson fit in. He was the #1 ranked juco rb last year, and NU strength coach Kennedy has said he's in the best shape of any new incoming player he has ever seen. Depending on how fast he picks up the playbook, he'll definitely be a factor at some point this year.

And don't forget the forgotten man, junior Brandon Jackson, who missed spring practice due to injury. I can't think of another program that's going to have more competition at the rb position this august.