View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 10:02 AM

Default 10-20 HU river bluff..

ok so.. some history.. we were going back and forth a bit, i was playing pretty laggy, picking dece spots, showing down SOME goofy hands.. i played 3 handed with him for a while, got stuck a bit, then asked if he wanted HU private table.. so at this time we are 2 tabling HU privates..

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($4893.50)
Hero ($4230.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $20.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $65</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $224</font>, BB calls $169.

Flop: ($488) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $444</font>, BB calls $444.

Turn: ($1376) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $999</font>, BB calls $999.

River: ($3374) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero calls $2543.50 (All-In)

preflop is standardish for me, he has been raising about 50% of the hands, and this deep with a hand like hte one i have i will reraise almost every time. he hadnt come over the top for 600-800 once the whole time we had been playing, so i felt safe reraising almost any hand pf, especially one where both cards are next to each other. anyways..

flop is standardish cont bet, he calls a decent amount of them, but this is about as good a flop to fire as any after reraising pf, no one should have a problem with that..

as far as the turn.. i felt there was a decent chance he ahd something like 99 or Kdxx or Qdxx type hand, and he might give it up if i fired again.. so.. what the hell i fired again.. i duno could be bad but i didnt mind it at the time..

the offsuit ten on the river seemed like a decent card for me. at this time i thought there was a good chance he had an ace with a random diamond, or Kdxx with maybe a pair to go with it. i figure the way i played it it has to look like i have at LEAST AK, so i figured shoving couldnt be -ev.. thoughts? holla