View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 01:26 AM

Default Good time for a flop over bet?

26/7/1.2

So recent history is he just caught be bluffing on a 3 flush board Ace high board and he wouldn't lay down kings (he really had to think about it). I've seen him, i'm sure he's very weak tight. So my thinking is, that i am able to narrow his hand range down when he calls my raise, and he also likes giving me blinds which is why i'm raising with such trash.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $53.16
Hero: $17.35
SB: $26.31
BB: $28.10

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2.1, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets ???? </font>

Ok, stack sizes make this awkward. The hand in my prologue is the hand before, so no time to rebuy. So the only hands that beat me are AA and a bigger six. Given my read on this gentleman (assuming a re-raise from AA and not calling w/ a six), am i right in over betting the pot here? I want it all in the middle based on his hand range and the strength of my hand. Problem is, i don't think he's calling any bet with out an ace. So is this a win little, win big situation i've read about in NL T&amp;P? Where i might as well bet big because his hand range is small and all the other possibilities are irrelevant because i get a fold from a cont. bet anyway?