View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Who are your top 10 college football teams -- OFFICIAL early ranki

[ QUOTE ]
1. ND - favorable schedule gives them clearest path to the title game despite questions on defense; could run the table, lose to USC and still make the title game

2. tOSU - explosive offense; word in Columbus is that despite losing most of their defense, there shouldn't be that big of dropoff in production

3. West Virginia - an easy schedule gives them a good shot at running the table with the biggest obstacle being game at Louisville

4. Oklahoma - a healthy Peterson and they might have the best defense in the country; biggest question mark is the inexperienced oline

5. Nebraska - returns nearly everyone and will have one of the best defenses in the country; word in Lincoln is that this will be NU's best team in nearly a decade

6. USC - if they can survive early game vs. Huskers with inexperienced qb and rb's they could run the table setting up showdown vs. ND

7. Texas - all the pieces are there for a repeat except the qb, hard to see the Horns winning against tOSU, OU, and at Nebraska with a frosh qb

8. LSU - they have the talent to make a title run, but their losses on defense along with brutal SEC road schedule may be too much to overcome

9 . Florida St. - their offense should be much improved with a healthy oline and the experience gained from last year; despite losing a lot on defense, they'll still field a top 10 unit;, biggest obstacle is season opener at Miami

10. Iowa - the second best team in the big 10 has a favorable schedule with tOSU, ISU, and Wisconsin at home

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you live in Lincoln? I'm not so sure about that.

I go to school in Lincoln. Huskers should be decent, constantly improving these past few years. We should have one of the best defenses in the nation. Our offense is horrendous though. Theres also a gapping hole in the running game. OL issues are also present, as Taylor got sacked a [censored] last season.

We'll see how the Huskers do. IMO, there is no way the Huskers are #5. They had a nice run last year, crushing CO and Mich in the last 2 games of the season, but as I said before, the running game/OL will be tested this season.