View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 03:58 PM

Default Re: A8s river decision 3-6 bellagio

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't he be likely to bet the turn, when checked to, with Qd-Jd, Qd-Td, or Jd-Td? Wouldn't he also have possibly 3-bet the flop with a flush draw? Also, from his standpoint, isn't Mike's most likely hand a flush? And if he's the type of player who would check behind on the turn despite improving, is he likely to raise the river without the nut flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, we have to pick either one or the other. if he's betting the turn with QTdd or JTdd or QJdd, then he's CERTAINLY betting the turn with a set, king, trips, overpair, whatever he has. and if he is good enough to 3bet the flop with a flush draw, he CERTAINLY doesnt check behind the turn with any of the hands that we lose to.

i think mike's line can be a lot of things. given all the action, mike could just be wussing out with a king on the turn after getting all that action. and yes, i agree that its odd for him to raise the river here, but a lot of players think "OOH FLUSH RAISE" rather than "I wonder what my opponent is betting with?"