View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Re: What has party done to 2/4?!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll leave it to someone else to get more detail, for me, this verifies that a significent number of 2/4 hands go unraked and that the impact of the $0.50 isn't as much as all the whiners implied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if only 47% of pots won are raked, someone who wins 10% of his pots will lose .47bb/100 at 2/4, which is 25% of a 2bb/100 player's earning. Assuming you have a non-poker job, I wonder if you'd 'whine' if your boss gave you a 25% pay cut.

And as for all of the money going to the Monster Pot [I don't know if this is true or not], it's largely immaterial for the limit players. It's paramount to telling an NFL kicker that the NFL is taking 25% of his salary and giving him a chance to earn it back playing Major League Soccer. Your average kicker isn't going to find this proposition very attractive.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of what you say is true, except that you have left out one very important item. The action of the bad players is much jucier in the BBJ games than the regular games. This more than makes up for the extra drop.