View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 03:18 PM

Default Re: A Poker Players\' Solution To The Middle East Conflict ?

[ QUOTE ]
Cannot accept parting with certain parts of the land it currently occupies, either for reasons of security, eg Golan

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a problem with this premice. Israel has previously conducted negotiations with both the PA and Syria where giving up land for peace was on the table. I think it is wrong to say that this will never happen, although I conceed your point about East Jerusalem.

Also, just as a starting point, I will post what I suppose is the "default" peace plan that probably will be pretty similar to what will actually be signed.

1. Elimination of terror attack support by Hamas/Islamic Jihad leadership and a vast reduction in terror attacks by Palestinians on the whole (you can't stop everyone with a grudge)
2. Recognition of Israel's right to exist
3. Peace treaties and possibly non-aggression pacts between Israel and Syria, Lebanon and Palestine.
4. Israel surrenders most of its territory in the West Bank.
5. Israel's sovereignty over East Jerusalem is weakened, either by giving parts of it to the Palestinians or allowing International juristiction.
6. Israel surrenders the Golan Heights.
7. Israel becomes less aggressive toward Lebanon, ending aggression entirely if Hezbollah is brought under control.