View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 04:55 PM

Default Re: What has party done to 2/4?!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They want more $$$$$, and they think they are going to get it by increasing the rake + some lame promo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong!

The entire $0.50 rake is going to the Monster/Jackpot promotion.

Also, no rake comes out of the pot until it hits $20.00. At that point, $1 normal rake and $0.50 Jackpot/Monster rake is taken.

Since about 47% of all 2/4 hands are less than $20, 47% of all hands HAVE NO RAKE (according to my PTDB).

I love the Jackpot games and the Monster promotion is turning out to be a GREAT thing for TAG's.

[/ QUOTE ]

What percentage of the pots that you win are under $20?

[/ QUOTE ]

Darn good question and I can't seem to answer it. I do know that I make about 5% more than the rake if that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran through a (very small) subset of my 2/4 hand histories and came up with 23.5/67 hands I won where the pot ended up over $20 and would have been raked under the Monster promotion. (The .5 represents a chopped pot.) I did this just by opening up the hand history text files, Ctrl-F'ing for "(my username) wins" and counting them up. If I knew Perl or SQL, I could do this a lot faster. Oh well. FWIW, I did think that I was stealing blinds/pots from these tables a lot more often than I usually am able to do.

At 8 wins/100 hands, 3 Monster-raked hands/8 wins and $.50/Monster hand, that's $1.50/100 hands I would have lost, or 0.375 BB/100. This is probably on the low end; maybe somewhere between 0.5-0.6 BB/100 might be more common for a typical 2+2er playing 2/4.