Thread: Site bias test
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Site bias test

Are you seriously this "experiment"? It's not realistic to expect to be able to collect all that data, and your data will be biased. (i.e. How is a "fresh face" defined?)

Have you thought about the sample size necessary to perform this type of statistical test? wikipedia Look down the list for the "One-sample z-test" that has a p in it. You'd have to do this test for every possible combination of hands against a so-called "fresh face". So if you have AA against KK, you would need ~40 examples of that to determine whether the KK wins more than it's 10%. Actually, you'd need more, since A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] vs K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is different than A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] vs K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

So anyway, I can't believe I just spent all this time. Your idea is not practical to study, and a waste of time anyway. Just play better.