View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 11:55 PM

Default Recent Vegas trip highlights my poor play-kind of a rant

Just got back from Vegas and I thought I played very poorly. One hand in particular kind of highlights the stupid stuff that I did all week.

Had been at the table for less than an hour. Villain was pretty loose passive from what I could tell but had probably seen only about 20 hands from him.

Hero in MP with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

EP limps, Hero calls, CO limps, blinds complete

Flop (4 SB)

9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks,BB bets, EP calls, Hero raises, CO folds, SB folds BB 3bets, EP Folds, Hero calls

Turn (5 BB)

9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls

This is the reason that I posted. I do this type of stupid crap all the time but I just can't seem to help myself. The only things that Villain could've had when he raises the turn is a ten, 9, or PP but I go ahead and build his hand for him. My AF is through the roof and I'm a very marginal winner after about 45k hands. Anyway, if you're curious a diamond hit on the river and I paid off his 4 or a kind with a flush.

Note- I know this is SSSH and this is a B&M full ring game but I think that this points out how I play all too often in 6max online games. Also note that the hand is mainly from memory but is pretty close.