View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 02:35 AM

Default Re: I have no idea what to do here...kind of long...end of rope stuff...

[ QUOTE ]
Forget all the AA advice, quit your job, move West and South away from Chicago, do not go to Law school or any other school for that matter (your initial decision to get a polisci degree shows your decision making skills are lacking in the first place).

A 33K job can be had anywhere in the US since you are a college grad no matter your degree. I suggest you move to Vegas, apply for a job as a daytime security guard at an apartment complex and play poker at night. Eventually you will be a fulltime poker player, find a new girlfriend, be taking meth instead of drunking and be much better off without that cheating whore you used to call your GF.

Good luck,

Jimbo

PS: I have ben drinking myself tonight so if any of the above sounds like poor advice then do something else. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what? This is the best advice yet, by far. And I'll tell you why.

My subconscious autopilot is still set on "attached to someone" mode, and I haven't gotten my mind outside of that small box of 'since your responsibility lies in great deal with the woman, you are pigeonholed into X amount of possibilities.'

Saying "[censored] you" to everything, moving to another, new city and doing something original never legitimately crossed my mind. Had some quick fantasies about being a poker player, but they were just that, and were far more masturbatory than reality (I'm in that special "really, really mediocre" category). Finding some quick job in Vegas that'll probably pay as much (if not more) than now and playing some poker at night seems like a pretty awesome idea, now that I give it serious attention.

Even if I go broke, there's no girlfriend there to make me feel like crap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]