View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 11:20 PM

Default Re: I have no idea what to do here...kind of long...end of rope stuff.

Whatever you do, do not stay at your current job. You sound 100% exactly like I did 4 years ago. I stayed at my job and have essentially wasted the time. I mean, I like my job, I like the people I work with, and at this point I'm making enough money. But it isn't a career, and I'm still left not knowing exactly what I want to do, just because I didn't have the guts to make the change back then. I'm now forcing myself to make some of those changes - but it's even more daunting because I'm older now and have grown more accustomed to my life.

If your current job isn't "it" for you, try something else. I mean, I'm sure you could find something that would pay a similar amount in a different field, and maybe that would point you more in the right direction. But whatever you do, don't allow yourself to stay in a rut. It's on you to decide whether that means moving to a new job or going to law school, but your current job will suck the life out of you. You could very easily wake up one day and think "wtf just happened to the last x years of my life??"

Also, you're drinking. Big deal. When life's about to crush you, you do that sometimes. I don't think you're an alcoholic. And you're ex is a whore. You're better off without her, and you're way better off knowing that now than you would be knowing that later. Get some strippers (at least) to go with the booze. It has a magical way of cleansing the palate.

Sometimes a little self-destruction is what you need to do to reinvent yourself. Just don't let it get out of hand.

-bb.