View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 10:02 PM

Default Re: I have no idea what to do here...kind of long...end of rope stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
im going to law school in the fall and im 95% sure its the right decision. if i was any less sure, there is no way i would be putting myself in that kind of debt. it is fine if you want to be a lawyer, the debt will go away soon enough, but if you pay for law school, then hate it and want to do something else, youre stuck in the position of being a lawyer being the only job that you make enough to pay back loans.

cliff notes: dont go to law school if u have real doubts, you will pay for it the rest of your life (literally and figuratively).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know. Believe me, I understand this.

But I'm looking around, everything's boxed up, there's a nice, cheap apartment waiting for me, school will give me a focus, and it will give me a future. Plus it might actually help me get my mind off of things. But there is the possibility it will make things worse and I'll burn out, which is where my fear lies.

As I said, I was a superb student so I have nothing but confidence in my ability to suceed, all else being equal. But I'm not as confident in whether or not I'll be able to withstand the blow of the work being how I am right now...

blah blah, thanks for the response. I've got so much crap to think over and I can't believe this crap is happening right now, almost as if it were timed to happen at the worst possible moment...