View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 09:42 PM

Default Re: I have no idea what to do here...kind of long...end of rope stuff.

I am a lawyer and I can tell you straight: if you are not 100% positive you want to be a lawyer, law school is the last place you should be.

The first year of law school is very difficult--as difficult as any year in American academia. Not only that, but it is very important in terms of your first job out of law school. If you aren't ready to take it on full throttle, it will be exceedingly difficult for you to do well.

Plus, you can always defer for a year and make sure it's really what you want to do. I would suggest doing that. Sure, you'll get some puzzled looks and questions from friends and family, but just tell them you weren't ready to make such a big change. They'll understand.

About the girl... sorry to hear that. But just remember, girlfriend is not the same as wife. She shouldn't have deceived you, of course, but it's not adultery. It's not the end of the world. You can still date her and other people too--it doesn't have to be exclusive. It can be whatever you want. If you're not ready to end the relationship, it doesn't have to end. But if you can't get past the deception and/or the fact that she slept with someone else, then that's fine too.

Good luck.