View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 01:01 PM

Default Re: College Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I really can't see PSU doing much. Robinson had a beastly senior year: Morelli has, to my memory, been very mediocre thus far. Robinson had been too, but Morelli can't rely on his legs to do half the work, and I don't think QB's generally go from dud to stud passers in one year. Still, I'm very worried about that night game in Happy Valley. And the trip to Columbus. Strangely, I am quite confident about going to South Bend...no real good reason for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's funny how Morelli has been labeled mediocre so far. He's done all that's been asked of him. Robinson was a great leader and great football player for us, but a very average quarterback if that makes sense. Morelli has the tools to be a far more effective passer. PSU needs the oline to come together quickly to give Morelli protection. If he gets some time, I think he'll be fine.

Michigan will have their hands full at night against PSU. I think the atmosphere will be similar, if not crazier, than last year's PSU-OSU game. Michigan has PSU's number recently. I still like PSU at home though.

Going on the road to ND and OSU will be awfully tough in the first 4 games for PSU. We're breaking in a new offensive line and QB. Not two good places for some of your first starts.

I agree that there's a good chance that the eventual MNC winner will have at least 1 loss. No team really stands out to me. OSU's offense looked good against OSU towards the end of last year but it seemed that they did it against mediocre defenses. I can't see a Tressel coached team dropping 35 points a game. ND's defense is still has question marks. A bunch of other teams are in the mix too. Should be fun.