View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 12:33 PM

Default Re: College Football Thread

Michigan looks pretty solid. WR corps has a lot of potential with Manningham returning (bet you're excited for that as a PSU fan) and a senior in Breaston (hopefully Deboard gets him the ball with space to work). Bass (he of the "1 play a game at QB to run a QB draw/bootleg") is out for the year, but there's been a lot of star recruits at WR, so presumably someone can fill the void. Hart is healthy once again, and Grady and Brown behind him bodes well. The only real offensive issue (aside from Henne's consistency) is whether the O-line will be any better than mediocre. last year it was racked by injuries, but even so the lineup looks suspect.

Defensively, secondary should be strong, and the D-line should be very tough as well with Woodley, Taylor and Branch leading the way. Having Pat Massey gone should do wonders (he must've had pictures of Lloyd Carr doing bad things with animals-- there's no other way to explain how a guy who gets driven back 5 yards every play starts every game at DT). Main question is the whether the LB's are at all serviceable: hopefully the departure of Jim Hermann will help them stop sucking quite so badly.

I really can't see PSU doing much. Robinson had a beastly senior year: Morelli has, to my memory, been very mediocre thus far. Robinson had been too, but Morelli can't rely on his legs to do half the work, and I don't think QB's generally go from dud to stud passers in one year. Still, I'm very worried about that night game in Happy Valley. And the trip to Columbus. Strangely, I am quite confident about going to South Bend...no real good reason for that.