View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 07:28 PM

Default Re: a thought on winrate, table selection, and shot taking

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to get at here. I will not sit down at a table without prior knowledge of at least 2 or 3 of the players at my table to be poor players. If I see that 4 or 5 of the players are poor, but the only seat available would put me in a difficult spot due to their playing style (ie. between two maniacs) I will not sit down. I will find another table or wait for a better seat. When I open up a table where I have no stats on any of the players, I will leave it open and datamine for 30 hands or so, just so I can get a rough idea as to the style of the table. I realize that on most sites, this process is not possible, however with Party's fish pool, datamining capabilities, and sheer number of tables, there is no reason for me not to.

Does that clear things up, or did I miss what you are trying to get at?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you wake up in the morning, do you have any way of predicting whether your ability to find a 'good spot' will result in better or worse conditions than at the same time the day before?

I dont think that anyone can.

We try our best to find good tables the same way every time. The table conditions from which we are able to choose from, and unless you look over the very long term (in years), are not changing in any discernable way on average.

The issue isnt that you're playing against completely random opponents. You exercize some degree of control over who you choose to play against. But you dont expect them to be better or worse ... ON AVERAGE from session to session. You obviously expect them to be different. But they're no more likely to be better or worse, if you spend the same amount of time scouting tables (and such).