View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Adjusting to Perennial Cold-Callers

Wow. Nice game.

Don't isolate as much with lesser hands unless you're in LP since there are fewer people to get out.

The more players between you and the raiser, the wider your coldcalling range gets. For instance, it's very, very rare for me to coldcall as the first one to act left of a raiser. (not counting if he's on the button and I'm SB) That's a 3 bet spot for me. But put a few players in between us and I can find a few hands to come in with.(not offsuit hands, btw.) 3 bet your better hands: AJs, QQ...

I agree with the others, SSHE is great for this type of game. This is a game to use good multiway hands.

[ QUOTE ]
Even the good players in this game, the props, the local pros, the otherwise-tight, solid winners who have been taking money home from the game for years, often cold-call preflop raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're coldcalling after a few players have called, it's not as bad. Unless they're doing it with crap like QTo or something. If they're doing that, more power to 'em. If they're repeatedly the first ones to coldcall a raise, you shouldn't really mind them in the game.

b