Thread: Robert Kiyosaki
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Robert Kiyosaki

IMO RDPD is more of a motivational book with a few very powerful financial ideas than a financial book that thoroughly covers any financial ideas.

The book is mainly about the story of the rich dad and poor dad and how their advice can affect their son's approach to financial life. It's about creating a gestalt change in an individual who can only view the world through "work hard, buy all the stuff you *deserve*, repeat. People decide to let themselves feel trapped in jobs they hate and such b/c they aren't even aware of a different path they may take. RDPD allows people to internalize a different method of financial living....not read about it but actually internalize it (altho for most ppl I'd guess for a somewhat short period of time).

However, I do agree that Kiyosaki's other stuff seems to be v v poor b/c this material doesn't go much further or when it sorta does it lacks the how-to/details/math. It's all more stories about how Kiyosaki is a lucksack or whatever despite being a bit of a moron and needing 2354321414 other people to tell him what to do all the time.

Oh, this is also why I think the book sells so well...it's a motivational story that connects with people at an emotional level and there isn't much detail oriented thinking work to be done. This is what allows the average Joe (myself included of course) to change his financial path outlook.

This is the value of his board game.....it doesn't tell you how to do the things necessary to get out of the rat race, but it does show you how important and powerful it can be if one *can* get out of the rat race.

Yugoslav