View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Can Quantum Weirdness Be Logically Predicted?

[ QUOTE ]
People keep looking for magic here where there isn’t any.

Would it be clear if I said that the sensation of free will is a biological feature of the human mind?

The position of observers in Quantum mechanics is a consequence of the type of theory Quantum Mechanics is, not of the underlying physics.

Its very easy to get confused about what bits of Quantum Mechanics is inherited from the underlying physics and what bits are just part of the ‘artificial’ structure needed to ‘hold’ the theory.

But here’s a clue, anything about randomness and probably is part of the human constructed mounting not the real thing.

QM and free will might as well compare apples and the French Revolution.

Or at least that’s the way it seems to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. The position of observers in QM is 100% the result of the universe and not a by product of the way QM is constructed. And there is a 0% chance that quantum mechanics is "wrong", meaning that the worst that can happen to QM is what happened to Newtonian mechanics, ie it becomes a limiting case of a more encompassing theory.

Also, Bells experiments really told us nothing new. Bohr and Heisenberg knew the results some 30 years or so before it became experimentally possible to test.