View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Found Beatles Vinyls, Best Course of Action?

As someone who owns and buys a lot of vinyl:

You'll likely have a little trouble getting $25/ea for most of them if they've got writing on them. Some of them, sure, but probably not most.

If they were in perfect condition, and said perfect condition was fetching $30-35/ea on eBay you'd be lucky to get half that at a local vinyl store. They'd probably open with $10/ea for the collection. Maybe even less with the writing on them. Those places generally have to buy at a very serious discount in order to survive.

Your best bet is either the bulk action as suggested, or throw them individually on eBay with no reserve if you don't mind dealing with several trips to your local UPS store / post office. Selling individually should net you more money overall.

I'm a big fan of the open-ended auctions with no buy-it-now price, both as an active seller and as an active buyer.

$3-$4 shipping per is a fair price that will let you package and ship them via media mail via the post office. I'd strongly suggest a shipping discount if people order more than one from you - make each additional record $1 shipping if they order more than one. That's very standard and will cover your costs.

I'd expect them to go between $15 - $30 each depending on which titles you've got. Most of them probably in the $15 - $20 range.

If you want a bulk buyout estimate, send me an email / PM with the titles (or post here) and i'll let you know what I think they would go for.