View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 01:05 AM

Default why don\'t people take responsibility for what they do?

here is the situation:

I get smashed with my friend, we go back to her place. She embraces violence as much as I do. After drinking and stuff, we decided to [censored] up some of her roomates [censored] since we hate him. We throw a violin out of the window. Turns out the violin was signed by someone and cost a couple of thousand dollars. My immediate thought is, "oh [censored], now we gotta give this dude 2,000 bucks." my friend who broke the thing with me agreed that it is our responsibility. It'll take a few weeks, but we'll pay him back. Now, Almost ALL my friends say I should just pretend we don't know what happned to the violin and that maybe it got stolen. (their 3rd roomate has gay orgies or something and [censored] has been robbed before when he let his [censored] friends in.--so it would be real easy to pretend it wasn't us.) But that is suck bulshit. it is my responsibility and I will admit what I did and pay him back. some people I know actually takethe position that you're not resonsible for what you do when you are drunk.. waht does oot think?