View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Turn makes overtrips...

Thanks to everyone for the replies. What would qualify as a "solid read" that would make you fold here? What, exactly, would you need to see the villian do, and how frequently?

In limit, I call these down all the time, and they often have a T or a lower PP. This decision is not costly in limit, however.

I'd still like to hear more opinions about this. What factors sway your decision either way? This is not a decision that matters all that much in limit. I'd like to know your thinking as well as your play.

Are there any PT statistics that any of you check before deciding? If so, how are you interpreting them?

I folded this hand. Afterwards I decided it was wrong to do so, but another good (limit) player disagreed. I'm concerned that I've become really weak-tight with hands like this.

In general, I am losing a lot of money because I'm only getting action on big pairs postflop when I'm against a set or something else that badly beats a big pp. It seems like I'm up against a set whenever I don't take it down on with a c-bet on the flop. What is the deal with this? Playing big pp's when my pot-sized c-bet is called is a big mystery to me...

Similar comments apply to TPTK hands. In fact, AK is a net loser for me after 12k hands of NL. Sample size? Too many c-bets (I nearly *always* c-bet when it's HU or 3 to the flop). Too aggressive? Bad play? Am I trying to get too much value from these hands?

Thanks again everyone,

Jim