View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 03:25 PM

Default My throughts of Phil Gordans DVD and Little green book.

SO I have read the book and watched the DVD.

I found that the book had a lot of usefull stuff, and I think that this is the first book I have read where the author describes so detailed how he players. THat is very good I think, and I like the way he uses percentages to describe how often he checks / bets e.g.

But compared to NL TP I think the Little green book only covers a lot of basic thing. That book is more a collection of alot of poker littature and there was no subject in the book where I said, WOW, that was really interesting, or that was a good point. He also said that in the end that this book wasn't suppossed to be a math book, but I really think that he had to make some EV calculations to proof that some of the play he made was correct. I generally agree with the way he plays, but he doesn't argue a lot why that is the best way to play.

Generally I think this books target group is those who have played the game for a few months and know the basic stuff like Pot odds and implied odds. I have only played poker for about 10 months and even though I have studied the game very intensly I throught that Phil Gordan could learn me more.

The Final table DVD was made very professional, but really... It's just a short report of the book. Also I never actually had problem at guessing why players acted like they did on television (WPT/WSOP). So the target group wasn't me. But I bought it because a lot of people at this forum had said good thinks about it. The only usefull things about this DVD was the thing about tells. That was very good explained I think.