View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Going to Vegas soon - where are the best tournaments?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Usually attracts 80-100ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I at the Wynn in June it had around 35 players on the three days I played in it. The people there expected it to pick up once people got into town for the World Series so maybe now it is getting more players.

Also, maybe consider the Venetian tournaments. They were at 12 and 8:00 daily. Total buyin with rebuy/add-on is $180 and this gets you ~4000 chips. I think it was 30 minute levels. The blind structure is decent, the players are bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Today was wacky. I arrived at Ceasars to do their tourney about 11:50 and the line stretched down the counter, kinda did a half-loop, and then stretched down the corridor and out the door. Never seen a line like that at Caesars. Floor person was counting people in line (over 60) and making noises like they might not all get in. So I scurried out and ran over to Wynn, arriving about 12:10. And the line stretched from the window to the front podium. Wynn ended up with 128 players and started about 12:15 with a half-dozen or so folks still working through the line (the tourney ticket computer was down so they were doing it all by hand--very slowly doing it all by hand).

Best theory is this was all the WSOP $1000 NL bustouts looking for something to play. Lots of people did admit they had played in yesterday's WSOP event. And lemme tell ya, playing with WSOP $1000 bustouts makes for a tourney filled with some amazing donkeys. Never seen such a soft Wynn tournament. I can only imagine what yesterday's WSOP event was like.