Thread: Here we go....
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Here we go....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought this was a debate, when is someone going to actually stand up for online gambling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exacly, where is the PPA that I paid my 20 bucks for??
..or any pro-poker advocate(s) for that matter?

So, if this passes, no more free online poker correct?

The reason I say this is because if the ISP's ban the access to the sites, which is very easy, (AOL has done it for years), they will not be able to discern if we are playing for free or in our cash account right?

...because if they did, they would be able to then regulate it.... like they claimed would be too darn hard right?

US congress, a bunch of frickin moron nerds that were picked on in elementary school, and feel this is their big payback.

Time to JAM the 36 table card club here in MN with over 50000 Minnesota players.....

[/ QUOTE ]

The PPA acted like a lobbyist organization (or a grass roots activist organization) to influence the congressmen to not favor the bill or include provisions to eliminate poker from the bill. They won't appear on the floor if that's what you wanted to see.

If this bill passes (and there are a few more steps to pass before it becomes law), free poker on the Internet would still exist (PartyPoker.net as an example).