View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 01:23 PM

Default Re: ICM Quantified - First Set of Results (long)

[ QUOTE ]
So I have to disagree that the S-curve favors the small stacked player. IMO, it is just an effect of ICM (basically, chips gravitate to chips) and it is directly related to the quality of the players. The better they are, the bigger the S is. This is still an interesting concept and I'm glad I read your OP. Very nice.Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the comments. I still think that after we factor in skill there will be an S curve with low stacks over valued by ICM and big stacks under valued although granted it won't be as large a difference. What that means in terms of optimal strategy I'm not so sure.

The fact that very low stacks are over valued (Real outcome vs ICM) by such a large degree and that this was duplicated at every level and every number of remaining opponents makes me think that there is something to this. I don't think we're going to see such a huge disparity on average skill between the large stack and small stack, say at the bubble for example and definately not at lower levels, to account for this difference. That's just my gut feel right now - there have been some very large hand history contributions which will help this along greatly and with the new DB structure we will be able to analyze based on skill.

What I would like to do is have minimum contributions of SNG's from anyone who wishes to see the database. Perhaps 1000 SNG's minimum?

The way I have structured the DB it will also be able to be used to answer other questions like the recent one involving expected ROI drop between buyin levels. If anyone has other analysis ideas and would like me to include additional fields in the DB then let me know.

The only thing that I will definately not do is include any way to identify who a player is - you will see a unique ID for every player in the DB but will have no way to determine who that player is.

rvg