View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 04:39 AM

Default Re: ICM Quantified - First Set of Results

[ QUOTE ]
hey rvg,

regarding the question of using more than one data point from a particular stt: me and eastbay have had this discussion a number of times, starting when i published an article in the 2+2 magazine in may '05 outlining how one would empirically calculate an icm-type curve. his position is that you can't do it. mine is that you can, but that i don't know the statistics to actually do it properly. the other guy i was working with along with pvs is an ecomonics professor who does a lot of econometrics and he didn't think it would be a problem. but you have to know some grad-level stats. i think he called it "panel data."

[/ QUOTE ]

I stumbled over this problem myself when I calculated my real $ value if I doubled up in the first level. If I just counted every hand where I was between 2800 and 3200 (PS) in first level I would double, triple, quadruple, etc. count those hands if I doubled up in the first hand. Solution: I just took the my starting stack at the beginning of the 2nd level. This could also be the solution for your level or player based analysis. You'll accept only one hand per level or no of players as datapoints.