View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Delmonico\'s vs Craft - need advice/opinions

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, I like Craft, but I think the atmosphere is totally wrong for an anniversary. It's loud, and it's easy to feel like you're sitting on top of the people next to you. Delmonico's is a much better setting for a romantic intimate dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can agree with you here to an extent. Craft is a little louder. I don't think either place is the quiet romantic type of place, though, where you are in your own little world in the corner. If you want that you are picking from the wrong two choices. Commander's palace for instance is much more romantic than both of them, that eiffel tower restaurant at Paris is supposed to be romantic as well. But the OP didn't want us to get off track and only gave two choices [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I didn't find Delmonico's to be particularly romantic, but I'll agree it is quieter than craft.

As far as the guy whose bill was $1900, the platinum Kobe menu was ~$190 per person, as I said before I feel like the regular ribeye for two was just as good as the kobe and it was $78 (for two, remember).
Unless it is something you want to do for the hell of it, there is no reason to run the bill up with the kobe.

I'm sure OP will get a great meal either place. I really think their styles are totally different - my wife's lamb was encrusted with bacon and bread crumbs, was over goat cheese grits, and had a rosemary reduction sauce.
I haven't had the lamb at Craft, but I can guarantee ut will be a great cut of lamb simply prepared and served in a cast iron skillet in a reduction of its own juice from the cooking, with maybe a sprig of rosemary on top. Totally different styles.