View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Delmonico\'s vs Craft - need advice/opinions

For an anniversary, no doubt, Delmonico's. My wife and I have been there several times, including dinner after our wedding (we got married on a gondola at the Venetian), and the atmosphere there will be great for an anniversary. When we did our wedding dinner there we got a tasting menu which was a lot of fun as it let's you try small portions of several dishes. They'll do the tasting with or without a wine pairing for each course, so you can go without if you don't want a lot of wine, but just let the waiter know your situation and ask if you can have a glass of red with the main course or however you want it. If you are going to order an entree off the menu though, then it begins and ends with the bone-in ribeye, do not pass go just order that puppy! By all means, call ahead and let them know you are celebrating a special event. I think the service there is always fantastic, but when I've been there for something special, they've really done it up.

By the way, I like Craft, but I think the atmosphere is totally wrong for an anniversary. It's loud, and it's easy to feel like you're sitting on top of the people next to you. Delmonico's is a much better setting for a romantic intimate dinner.