View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters Results and Panel Comments

I did find it a little hard to give good input in this hand because I would have played it differently on the flop and turn than hero did. I would have bet 1200 on the flop, folded to a check raise, checked behind on the turn, and checked behind on the river. As each street was presented to me individually my actions changed, so I see where you are coming from on this Jason, though I do think presenting it in a street by street format strengthened my opinion as to how I would play the hand normally because I felt like I was put in awkward situations by the way the action played out(holy runon sentence).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are merits to doing it either way. The "How would you play this all the way through?" approach is good because it really lets the "Master" get into the hand and give some good analysis. The "This is what happened, what would you do now?" approach is good because it gets you out of your comfort zone and causes you to question whether the way you would have played the hand is correct or not.

This isn't supposed to be a thread where we take the experts line as scripture and that's it. We're supposed to be questioning each other and improving everyone's game.

Ok, done rambling.