View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 10:31 AM

Default Re: This website and why I love [censored]

"If I was a new poster this sticky sure would not make me feel better about 2+2 strategies and books."

How could the sticky in oot, a non-strategy forum, which attracts people who are drawn to it's circus-like atmosphere and come to the site for that purpose, turn people off to the books and strategy forums they had no interest in in the first place?

Now I'll agree that [censored] needs to cool it with the other moderators, and while I know he tries to conscious of who the strategy posters are, perhaps more effort needs to be put there when he bans, rather than exiles.

OOT is not like the other forums. Trying to make it such, will destroy it, in my opinion. Trying to bring people into "the real world" doesn't need to start in OOT, and I think it's unrealistic to believe that. I also think that saying 2+2 has lost credibility since 1997 is insane.

I think Mason sold 10,000 books or so in 1997. Last year he sold 400,000.

There is room for improvement, but those calling for [censored]'s head are asking essentially for the most popular forum on these boards to be destroyed. That decision remains Mason's, but I sure don't want to see it happen.