View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 06:57 AM

Default Re: This website and why I love [censored]

Mat,
As a 23 year old male I am well within your demographic, however, I disagree with some of your assertions about OOT. I have made amends with [censored] via PM and am ok with him staying on as moderator, however, I think the thing OOT needs is consistancy. Simply banning people for a post you think is stupid while letting other similar posts stay creates the very environment that everyone is worried about. Rather than banning people for "FYP"s or the like ban people who post vulgar and inappropriate topics and those will eventually stop as well. If you lose some degenerates then it shouldn't be that big a deal for the bottom line for 2+2. All I have ever asked for is some consistency and the end of the veyr "ticky tack" bannings from him, thats all I ask, I rarely disagree over a banning with him because a lot of the people he KO's deserve it, but instead of just banning people blindly at will do a quick check for post history and comment history and if they post a lot in strat simply send out a PM telling them they are exiled rather than banning them, which can sometimes go unnoticed and all the sudden a strat forum loses a contributor. So all in all...

-I am ok with [censored] for now
-Just be more consistant and start cleaning up vulgarity rather than what you deem to be "lame"
-Check posting history, in obvious cases give someone the benefit of the doubt

~Justin