Thread: 56s
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Re: 56s

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like folding here with a backdoor flush draw and almost no chance of being dominated in our draw to two pair/trips. Button open-limped so probably both has a weak hand and is passive. This makes the chance of a raise behind us negligible.

We don't have a lot to gain by raising, so I prefer a call. Folding out Button doesn't seem to gain enough against SB's range for us when we're counting on improving to win. Sometimes we may fold out his runner/runner draw, but I doubt he's giving up a ten here or anything similar that could call for one bet but not two.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this is a quintessential raise or fold situation. I believe calling is the worst of the 3 options becuz our hand is so vulnerable to so many turn cards. So If im going to continue with this hand postflop, I want try to get HU on the turn and a raise is the best way to accomplish this objective. If the BTN folds and the PFR 3bets it, then I call one more and fold the turn unimproved. If the BTN folds and the raiser calls and a Q,K or A hits the turn, then I would fold to a turn donk/check behind if he checks and fold the river unimproved. I understand that the plyer behind us is never folding a better hand, but thats not a problem. If he coldcalls this flop raise and the raiser calls, I would check/fold the turn unimproved. The question is, is all this trouble worth it with our bottom pair hand. Against the right PFR I think the answer is yes.