View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #1 River

Are there any hands that the villain could play this way that you think he played properly? I personally don't love his line no matter what he has. Most likely he got caught in a funny spot with QJ or KQ, but doesn't appear to have set out a real plan in his mind. I figure the hands that he auto-folds (whiffed clubs, J9, etc) offset the hands that he auto-calls (funnily played T9 or KJ), so it's really this medium range that concerns us.

So... what it comes down to is: will he release these hands? Part of the problem is that I don't think even he knows for sure.

I had a hard time deciding on an answer for that, but then I remember that he only has to fold this what, 40% of the time? Our line is pretty strong, and the turn raise size was perfect in that it 1) looked like an honest raise for value, and 2) left us with enough ammo to fire a significant barrel on the river. So now I've jumped camps, and I figure let's light up our last shell and see if we can't blast Mr. Marginal out of our pot.

I want to see some more thoughts here though

Everett