Thread: POP QUIZ
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 02:38 PM

Default Re: POP QUIZ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
still waiting for a response on whether you think the pro's play of c'r a 7 is solid. i think the pro should fold a 7 getting 5.5 to 1 or whatever it is. there is no way to know if the lp's are slowplaying, etc. also, he may be way behind to ILP's j-10, j9, qj, etc. i think it is a clear fold for the pro w/ a 7. interested to hear your thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played a hand similar to this vs. ILP on the 5-10 game and he called me a fish.

I have 95o in the sb. like 150 ppl limp, I complete, bb checks,

actually it's 6 ways to flop.

Flop Q 9 6 rainbow town.

5 checks to ILP on button, he bets, I c/r, the old lady in the BB folded K9, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] only one super fish calls, ILP laughs to himself and calls, cause he knows he can't put a move on me with the fish in the pot.

Turn 7 I bet, fish calls, ILP calls

River 2

I check, fish checks, ILP checks his J high.

Fish has bottom pair, I win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sig, I'll let you and anyone else decide If the Pro's checkraise move was a mistake. We already know that the Pro made a mistake by betting the turn against me, but his flop checkraise could be sound depending on my betting range.

Here is my flop betting range on a Js 7s 3x board in a 4 handed pot on the button against two passive players and a pro. QJo,JTo,J9s,J8s,J7s,A7s,A3s,K7s,K3s,77,33,88,T9s,9 8s,T8s. Also here are all the possible spade hands As9s,As8s,As6s,As5s,As4s,As3s,As2s,Ks9s,Ks8s,Ks6s, Ks5s,Ks4s,Ks3s,Ks2s,Qs9s,Qs8s,Ts9s,Ts8s,9s8s,8s6s, 6s5s.

So thats my betting range on the flop, any hand I omitted is a hand I would either raise preflop or a hand I would fold preflop in this situation. For example JTs,KJo,QsTs is not in my range cuz I would raise all these preflop.

So now I guess all you have to do is stove this, and you can figure out if the Pro made a mistake by checkraising the flop.