View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 12:35 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power
Default WSEX live betting paused for the final round of the Buick

I don't know if many of you use WSEX live betting, but if you do you should be aware that they will pause an event if it is not being televised.

The Buick Championship started early today due to weather and will not be televised for 2 1/2 more hours. Support told me that when it is televised I would be able to trade shares. The last group is on 10, so it will be over by then.

I'm left holding the bag on a number of long shots that I bought yesterday at 2 and 3 per share. Most of them were valued between 7 and 10 at the end of play yesterday. My plan was to give them a bit to see if anyone got off to a quick start (I incorrectly suspected that the leader, Henry, would stumble), but otherwise sell them off at a decent profit.

I am a fault for not knowing the rules, but they have previously allowed the trading of shares when the event wasn't being played, so it never crossed my mind that this was a possibility.

With this knowledge I would have never held positions over night on a bunch players who were 3-4 strokes back.

I feel doubly stupid for selling my Henry (who is up by 4 on the 11th) shares at 35 yesterday.

Just wanted to post this so someone else doen't make the same mistake.