View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Apartment Complex towed my truck... play?

[ QUOTE ]
More than likely, it was the contractor doing the lot that called to have your car towed as opposed to the rental company. The viability of your claim most likely depends on the terms of your lease, or whether the apartment complexes method of notice was reasonable considering the circumstances. Whoever you talked to probably has no authority to pay you back. Send them a letter by registered mail. Even better if you have an uncle/friend/whoever that is a lawyer send it. Then they'll have to run it up to their surperiors who would probably rather just pay the 400 bucks than fight you in court. Generally, I don't think you have as strong a case as others here seem to. It seems like an extraordinary circumstance that someone would be gone from their apartment for several days, but still have a car parked in the lot, so their method of notice seems reasonable to me. As it was probably the painters/pavers that called the tow truck when they discovered your car was in the way, I don't think there was any possibility of you being notified by phone or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the Apartment managers were there, they were the ones that contracted the tow-company or whatever. Gone for 3 days ? How is that hard to believe? Families aren't allowed to go to vacation? Again they had 3 ways of finding my phone number and calling. They could have also checked the apartment and seen that the paper was wedged in the door, common sense would say the renters would be out of town.

Anyone know anything about striping? I find it hard to believe my truck was in the way of anything unless it had to do with covering the whole pavement..