View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #1 Pre-Flop

[ QUOTE ]
I would limp here because this is the exact type of hands that Sklanskly refers to when he says in TPFAP that you should only raise with hands in NL that won't make you sick if someone re-raises you. This is a hand where I would hate to get reraised, because you are almost certainly beaten and will have to throw it away, when you could have seen a flop for cheap.

The CO's range is so wide here. He could easily be limping with AA or KK and setting a trap. He could also be limping and small or mid PP and a mid suited connector and hoping that the rest of the people will limp behind him.

Therefore, I limp this and give myself a chance to hit a flop and crack a monster starting hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but sometimes you have to determine the liklihood that you will be reraised, and if you determine that it's small then raising is still a strong option. I think the liklihood of being reraised here is relatively small. I also dont think its likely that the cutoff player is slowplaying, I don't like being scared of ghosts. When someone calls preflop in this situation, the large majority of the time they have a calling hand, not a raising one.