Thread: Slow Playing
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Slow Playing

The second scenario really depends on the texture of the board. It also depends on what you normally do when you miss a flop. Have you shown down any bluffs recently or do you always bet your strong hands and check fold your weak ones. Is he likely to know this about you?

The board was Q93 rainbow. He would have me down as a bluffer because twice after I raised his blind I folded to a big re raise. I felt he hand a hand this time because he called my small raise as opposed to re raising as he'd done before. I was hoping to tempt him into a bluff by representing no Q on the flop. A King came on the turn and he went all in, I assumed AK.

Given that I now know he hand an OES draw on the flop if I'd bet the flop he might have raised me remembering that I'd folded before. At that point he may have called an all in anyway as he'd have been down to 50,000 in chips with about 100,000 in the pot.

I don't like to slowplay unless I know their hands or I have the nut flush. Nut straights can be craked since it is easy for someone to have 2 pair. JT on a AKQ board, dont slowplay. KQ on a AJT board dont slowplay. Someone has a piece of it.

I think I realise this now that slow playing a broadway straight can leave you in trouble with high cards out.

Also dont 2x your bet trying to get sneaky with a hand. 2x means "I got a BIG hand" in my eyes and its basically revealing your hand. Weak players won't notice usually but good players will and take advantage of that.

The main reason I did this is because twice before he'd come over the top of me to a 2x raise. I was hoping for the same move. As it happened I think he called because with JT he wanted to see a board.

I don't like to slowplay unless I know their hands or I have the nut flush. Nut straights can be craked since it is easy for someone to have 2 pair. JT on a AKQ board, dont slowplay. KQ on a AJT board dont slowplay. Someone has a piece of it

After his flat call I had no idea what he has. I raised 2x the blind so if he raises he might be playing defensive against a steal, if he calls he might be slow playing or working with a JT like hand. So therefore my 2x raise gained me no information which is probably where I went wrong.