View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 04:28 AM

Default I\'ve got fleas!!!!

Oh joy! So, we are dog sitting and about day two, we discover that the damn dog is covered with fleas. In all fairness, I have to interject that the owner may or may not have known about the fleas; we were the second dog sitters, and the owners sister-in-law had watched the dog for the previous 2 weeks. So we immediately run to the store, grab some flea shampoo, and I give the dog about 4 flea baths. We lock her in the bathroom overnight, and in the morning, she seems clean.

I insist that we keep the dog locked in the bathroom for at least a few days, but my stupid (sorry honey) wife has to be all compassionate because the dog is whining and insists that we let the dog out. I check her for fleas (the dog), and she is clean, but I know that means nothing since flea eggs can hang around for awhile. I put my foot down and insist that the dog cannot be released.

So, we let the dog out and here we are two days later and I see the bitch (the dog) scratching. I check her for fleas and sure enough, I see a little one scamper across her chest.

Ugh, any OOT'ers have experience with fleas? What worked/didn't work. I am so pissed off right now. On the one hand, I absolutely believe in helping friends out...on the other hand, I know that I will be paying to clean up a flea infestation for what could turn out to be several months of hell....bleh [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]