View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #1 Turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am thinking my answer right now, even said that, is to shove. I'm not sure if they will call with 2 pair or not, but I'm just not seeing enough value in hitting our hand on the river to justify flatcalling and other than possibly the confusing minraise here any other raise other than allin doesn't seem right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going to pick up the pot enough by pushing to make up for being a 2-1 underdog when called? You are a 5-1 underdog against a straight and about 2-1 versus a pair, 2 pair, or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

dunnow where you got 5:1 dog vs a straight.. you're 3:1 then.

and a few people mention folding because you only invested 600, that really shouldn't be a consideration, you should just decide what the most profitable move from this point on is, regardless of what you put in already.

The pot is giving you 2.2:1 odds, or enough to make calling profitable, even if we don't get paid off more on furthur streets.. i like raising beccause it adds a new way to win the hand, i think pushing looks a bit fishy here, but i guess it could get more hands to fold than a 5k raise.. but seems like overkill.