Thread: Slow Playing
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Slow Playing

At the final table players are more likely to call you down with something because it is not as likely you have a big hand.

Also dont 2x your bet trying to get sneaky with a hand. 2x means "I got a BIG hand" in my eyes and its basically revealing your hand. Weak players won't notice usually but good players will and take advantage of that.

When slowplaying try to figure out your opponents hand. Thats makes it easier to slowplay.

EXAMPLE: live tournament I rase UTG with KK, BB cold calls.

Flop comes Kc 7h 8h.

BB bets into me. I know BB is pretty tight and he knows I am tight. So my range of hands for him are minor. Either he has a pair like QQ-77 or AK maybe. In this case I slowplayed the hand and did a little acting. But look at how dangerous that flop looked. Only because I could narrow down BB's hand can I slowplay trips here. If 1-2 loose players came in I wouldnt slowplay. I can't put them on a hand as well and they will pay me off.

I don't like to slowplay unless I know their hands or I have the nut flush. Nut straights can be craked since it is easy for someone to have 2 pair. JT on a AKQ board, dont slowplay. KQ on a AJT board dont slowplay. Someone has a piece of it.