View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 11:07 PM

Default NL200 - trips turn into a flush, awkward river

I've been at the table for 1 orbit. It's been very passive PF, hardly any raising but plenty of calling. CO has been in about half of the hands so far and has ~$100, I have $200. The rest of the people behind me have me covered.

Folded to me in MP, I limp T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 1 fold, CO calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB checks. 4 to the flop, Pot is $8

Flop is: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Blinds check, I bet $4, CO calls, blinds fold. Pot is $16

Turn is 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $15, CO calls. Pot is $46, CO has ~$80 left

River is J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

The three options I considered:

1. check/call. This lets 7s/overpairs/AJ off the hook if they would have called a small bet, but I may not go broke if he has a better flush or a boat. Didn't seriously consider this one
2. bet $30/fold to reraise. This gives him a chance to call with some hands I beat that he would have checked behind. If he reraises I think I have to throw it away, but against an unknown I'm not super happy about it
3. all-in, hoping he calls with the same hands that he would in #2. I didn't think he'd fold a 7 to an all-in. I lose the max against a boat/bigger flush

What's your move?